Promoting transparency in the health sector
The main aim is to create a better understanding between doctors and patients in order to enhance the quality of service delivery in healthcare clinics.
In 2018 TI Lithuania started a few joint initiatives in cooperation with the Lithuanian Cancer Patient Coalition (POLA):
1. TI Lithuania conducted two studies on good practices in healthcare sector,
2. Together with Young Doctors Association, TI Lithuania invited more than 170 patients and doctors in different Lithuanian medical institutions to attend public consultations on a good governance in their clinics.
- A study on corruption prevention tools in healthcare institutionsAdvocacy
- A study on good practices in European cancer patients' organizations Advocacy
- Public consultations with patiens and doctorsConsultationImprovement plansResearch & analysisStrategic working groups & CollaborationTrial & implement new approach
- Centro poliklinika (one of the outpatients clinics in Vilnius) agreed together with TI Lithuania and POLA to create a patient's guidebook for their visist to the doctor, which will be helpful for further development of good practices in healthcare institutions.
- Patients were provided the opportunity to speak up. They were able to express their needs and highlight issues they are facing when it comes to visit medical institutions.
- Medical establishment representatives became more engaged in the topic of providing a quality service and open to discussions with the patients.