TI Lithuania runs a professionalism campaign, #BeChange, in partnership with healthcare partners.
The aim is to encourage medical practitioners to sign a declaration committed to improving the transparency and effectiveness of the healthcare system.
As part of the campaign, practitioners are invited to attend workshops and forums before signing the declaration.
A programme of national will culminate in a celebratory rally on the eve of Lithuanian Medical Workers' Day, where practice promise to uphold their pledge.
The idea of Campaign was born in 2018 to emphasize the importance of trust, which was found to be lacking amongst patients and patient groups.
The campaign also services to encourage politicians and health care executives to strengthen the integrity and accountability of healthcare institution.
An electronic platform, www.bukpokytis.lt, is available for practitioners to make their a pledge and access information about transparency and effectiveness of the healthcare system.
TI Lithuania had already been working with the young doctors in Lithuania for a number of years on projects surrounding corruption in health, thus it was crucially important to seek for further initiatives together.
- Development of online pledge tool and database for medical practitioners. Awareness raising
- National programme of awareness raising and training events.
- National advocacy targeting the Government and healthcare institutions. Advocacy
- The Declaration of the Professionalism has been signed by 3647 medical practitioners.
- The Ministry of Health has decided to implement a course for medical students on codes of conduct and good practice for transparency.
- The campaign has influenced the Government to introduce more emphasis on transparency and issues of corruption across the healthcare sector.
TI Lithuania aims to continue to run the campaign on an annual basis.
- The engagement of young medical students and practitioners has been a key factor in the success of the campaign.
- The support of the Ministry of Health has been pivotal to the engagement of healthcare institutions and clinics.