Fight against Illicit Trade of Pharmaceutical Products.
Raising public awareness of the impact of counterfeit drugs and medicines on their health.
Advocating for law enforcement operations to increase the seizure of counterfeit medical products.
The illegal sale of fake medicines in African markets and in Togo is a reality. According to the latest WHO report, nearly 100,000 deaths are linked to the trade in counterfeit medicines.
- Field investigations to uncover networks of fake medicines.
Research & analysis
- Reinforcement of the healthcare actors on the techniques of identification of the fake medicines.
- Organisation of sensitisation and education sessions on the dangers of fake medicines.
- Support the application of sanctions against producers and suppliers of fake medicines (legal assistance and monitoring to ensure perpetrators are prosecuted).
- A toll free number available for the population to report counterfeit products. Monitoring & evaluation
- 40 tons of drugs have been seized by the Togolese law enforcement agents.