Advocacy for budget for health sector
In order to fight efficiently against Non Communicable Diseases (NCDs) in Togo, ANCE-Togo had begun since July to September 2014, advocacy activities to increase the budget for the health sector financing in Togo.
ANCE-TOGO's continuous work since then had led to increasing the budget for the health sector since 2015 by Togo government.
Our teams also started active campaign targeting the minister’s council and the national assembly to increase the health sector budget for 2018. Our teams have met with several ministers including health minister, economy and finance minister and several permanent secretary of ministers. We have also met with several Members of Parliaments (MPs).
- Meetings with several MPs of Togo Implementation of new policy & practice
- Campaign for the amendement of the health code in TogoMedia campaign
- Advocacy for adoption of the health integrity plan in TogoAdvocacy
- Advocacy for adoption of a policy for the fighting against illicit medecine in TogoAdvocacy
- Advocacy for adoption of a policy for the fighting against illicit medicine in Togo
- The parmaceutiocal industry should be monitored to counter any activities that could undermine health policies.
- Strong internal advocacy skills is required to be engaged in any campaign for transparency and integrity in the health sector